Log In- Go to Online Housing Application
Username: Your G Number, formatted G12345678
Password: Your birth date, formatted MMDDYYYY
1. You will be brought to a page that says “Welcome to eLiving” – on the left there should be a section called “Available Applications.” Click the link for “Freshman Housing Application”
2. You will be brought to a page describing browser requirements and some notes about the application. You can return to this page once you have completed your application to review the status of your application.
3. Click “Log me into the application.” This will open a new window. Make sure you have pop-ups enabled or that you allow pop-ups from housing.gmu.edu.
4. The new window will have a green border and will say “Welcome [Your Name]”.
5. If you instead see a screen that says “Please Click here to Redirect to the Student Web Self Assign site,” go ahead and click that link. It will take you to the appropriate page.
6. Sometimes the window you need will open behind your other open windows.
* Please note that it may take a few days for your information to get from Admissions to us. If you were just accepted and can't login, wait a few days and try again!
• Step 2: Review your profile information- On the left hand side of the Welcome screen, click “Application” and then “New Application.” You will now see a screen headed “Apply” that has your profile information.
1. If you feel this information is inaccurate, you may visit the “Student Profile” section of this website, found in “General Information,” to update your profile.)
2. Boxes that are grayed out cannot be changed on this screen. There is a drop down on this page – make sure you have selected “2014 Fall – Freshmen.”
3. After reviewing the information on this screen, click the “Next” button at the bottom of the page. This will bring you to a page called “New Room/Plan Preferences.”
• Step 3: Meal Plan, LLC, and Room Type Preferences
o Meal Plan: Under “Plan Preferences” select your meal plan.
All freshmen are required to have a meal plan. There will be a separate meal plan charge. You can click on the dining services link for more information about the meal plan requirement or visit the Dining Services site for more information about the meal plans.
Note: Meal plan options and prices are subject to change each year.
o Living Learning Community (LLC): Once you have selected a meal plan, move on to the Living Learning Community dropdown. You should review more details about the LLCs before making this decision.
o Room Preferences: Now move on to the “Room Preferences” section of this screen. This is where you will submit your room size and community preferences. Even if you plan to live in an LLC, you should submit at least five preferences. As noted above, Eastern Shore and Piedmont will not appear in the drop-down list.
• Step 4: Roommates - The majority of freshmen residents will have one or more roommates. As students prepare for living together on-campus, we recommend reviewing our roommate tips so you can start things off on the right foot.
o Roommate Matching: While we will do our best to place mutually requested pairs, triples, and quads together, this may not be possible, depending on the LLC and room size preferences of the involved students. Be sure to talk to each other ahead of time!
Note: Living Learning Community participants can choose their roommate so long as their roommate also applies to participate in the same LLC and both people are selected to participate in the program. Roommates from outside the LLC cannot be accommodated. If you do not wish to request a specific roommate, one will be assigned using information from your housing application.
1. If you have found a preferred roommate, you may list their name(s). Remember, requests must be mutual to be considered. If you request a student and s/he does not request you back, you will not be placed together.
2. To list a preferred roommate, you will need his/her GNumber. Enter their GNumber under “University ID” and hit the “Tab” key.
3. The name of your preferred roommate should populate in the “Roommate Name” field. Make sure the right name pops up! If it doesn’t, check the G Number you are entering. If no name pops up, it is possible that your preferred roommate has not yet accepted a spot at Mason. Only admitted students who have accepted to attend Mason will be in our database.
4. You may complete your application without a roommate preference and then update your application after your friend is admitted - just be sure to submit your roommate preference by May 8!
5. All students must also complete the Roommate Matching questions (even if you have a preferred roommate). It is very important that you answer these questions honestly and accurately so we may make the best possible matches.
6. When you have completed the matching questions, click “Continue.” You’ll get another “data processing” pop-up. Click OK. You’ll then be brought to an application summary page. Review your responses and click “Continue” to submit your application. If you select “Redo” you will be brought back to the beginning of the application.
Note: All Mason residences are smoke-free. In recognition of the fact that residents may smoke elsewhere, we make every effort to honor smoking preferences when making roommate matches.
o Winter Break ( Note about Question # 10): There are several weeks at the end of December and beginning of January when students do not have access to the residences. If you feel you have extraordinary circumstances (such as being an international student) and you anticipate needing access to your housing assignment between the Fall and Spring semesters, you may answer #10 as Yes.
We will try to assign students with this need to a building that is open for Winter Break, but we cannot guarantee that space will be available. Also, it is unlikely that any LLC’s will be in buildings that are open for break, so if you request to be in an LLC, it is unlikely that you will be able to stay over Winter Break. When you receive your assignment over the summer, check to see if you were assigned to an open building and contact us if you are concerned about your Winter Break housing options.
Once you have completed your application, we recommend you return to the beginning of this process so you can see your application status. You may return to this page to update your application as frequently as you like before May 1.
Submit your application now!