Living Learning Communities
If you want to immerse yourself in a subject that you're really interested in, you might consider joining one of Mason's Living Learning Communities (LLC).
Being part of a community is about making connections with others who have common interests. You'll live with members of your LLC in the same residence hall, and develop personal and academic relationships with other students and faculty with the same interests. All LLCs are connected to courses that students take together, and you'll also participate in enrichment activities outside the classroom.
The Many Benefits of Belonging:
- You'll develop partnerships with faculty and staff who share your interests and goals.
- You'll live in a community of people who share your interests (you'll always have someone to talk to).
- You'll ease your transition into a large university.
- You'll participate in social activities on campus and around the Northern Virginia/Washington, D.C., area.
|Day Hikes||Rock Climbing|
|Regional Symphonies||Lecture Series|
|Movie Nights||Guest Speakers|
|Museum Visits||Community Service Projects|
You don't have to major in a specific academic field to live in an LLC, but being in the community can help you explore academic areas and find the major that fits you. Being a member means you will
- Live in the LLC residence hall.
- Enroll in the LLC course required for your community.
- Complete program assessments in the fall and spring.
- Participate in at least 1 LLC program and activity per month.