Students should complete their move out within 24 hours of their last exam or no later than Noon on Thursday, May 19. Graduating seniors are eligible to stay until 6:00pm the day of their graduation. Graduating seniors whose ceremony begins at 6:00pm will be eligible to stay until 9:00am the following morning.
Steps for A Successful Checkout
All students who have not been approved for an extended stay will need to complete the move out process within 24 hours of their last final or by May 19th at Noon. Students who are approved for an extended stay will be assigned a move out deadline based on their circumstances.
Due to the shorter than usual period between the end of the semester and the start of summer session classes on Monday, May 23, 2022, we are only able to offer extended stay to graduating seniors and residents with a summer housing assignment (either summer session housing or intern housing).
To successfully complete the move out process....
1) Remove all your belongings from your room. Green bins will be available without a reservation, however, there may be a wait for one the closer you wait to the end of the semester. We recommend taking larger items home before finally moving out during finals. Please note that Housing and Residence Life does not offer move-out assistance.
2) Take out all trash, wipe down all surfaces and clean the room as much as possible. Dumpsters will be in place mid-April in the event you have any large items that you need to throw away. If you live in a suite or apartment, you should work with your apartment mates to divide up the cleaning of common areas.
3) Return furniture to its original configuration/how you found it at move in.
4) If you have a brass key, return your key to the Eisenhower or Piedmont desks prior to leaving campus. Any brass keys not returned by Monday May 23rd at Noon will result in a $75.00 lock change fee. If you do not have a brass key, you can ignore this step.
5) Fill out the Express Check-Out form after you have completed the above steps. This is important so we can make sure to remove you from the surveillance testing roster after you have left campus for the semester. Access to your residence hall will be removed after this step – so please be sure you have completed all necessary steps before submitting the form.
Only graduating seniors and residents with a summer housing assignment are eligible for Extended Stay. The Extended Stay application will be open on Wednesday, April 13 at 10:00am through Sunday, May 1st in the Housing Portal.
Residents are welcome to have guests assist with the move out process. Please note that if students contract with any companies to have their items moved, residents are responsible for providing access and escorting movers to their rooms. Housing and Residence Life does not offer any moving assistance.
Yes. Students can reserve a green moving bin to assist with move out. Green bins can be rented at either the Piedmont or Eisenhower Desks. Please note that demand increases closer to when the halls close and residents should anticipate longer waits for an available bin as we move towards closing.
Students must be present at all times if guests are assisting with the moving process. Housing and Residence Life will not grant access to a student’s space in order for belongings to be picked up and/or moved.
Housing and Residence Life will work with students on a case-by-case basis should they need other accommodations due to quarantine or isolation directives from Student Health Services.
Residents are welcome to check out at anytime before the end of the semester.
Residents don’t need to sign up for a move out day. However, when you are packing and moving, you should keep in mind that during finals 24-hour quiet hours are in effect beginning on 11:59pm on Sunday, May 8th and you should avoid moving large/heavy objects when students may be studying or sleeping.