Settle into Your First Year at Mason
Feeling at home and oriented to the campus community is crucial to getting the full experience out of your freshman year. You'll find a variety of housing options for your first year at Mason.
Major housing areas for freshmen include:
- Presidents Park
- College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Schar School of Policy and Government
- School of Kinesiology
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- College of Science
- Human Behavior and Social Connection
- Recreation and Outdoors
- Health and Well-Being
- Politics, Policy, and History
- Criminal Justice
- The Commons
- Honors College
- Intercultural Exploration
- Community Engagement and Activism
- Marketing, Media, and Communication
- Commonwealth Hall
- School of Business
- Economics and Financial Markets
- Dominion Hall
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Creativity, Design, and Expression
All rooms come equipped with beds, desks, chairs, clothing storage, and window treatments. Some buildings are arranged in traditional room patterns, with several sharing a large bathroom, while other buildings feature suite-style arrangements of two rooms sharing a smaller bathroom between them.
All residence halls have Resident Advisors who are assigned to be a helpful resource to a set of rooms. You can depend on RAs to know everything you'll need to make Mason feel like home. They're there to help you get acquainted with living on campus, answer questions, and provide support throughout the year.
Most RAs plan activities for their halls and buildings, and are part of the Housing and Residence Life's mission of providing a safe and engaging student living environment.