Students who need to stay in their spring housing assignment after halls close at noon Thursday, May 16, should submit the Extended Stay Request form on StarRez.
Extended Stay is available in the spring semester only for students who meet the following criteria:
- Participating in approved graduation activities – documentation required for approval. Documentation should be submitted to your neighborhood desk no later than May 3.
- Have a confirmed on-campus housing assignment for Summer Sessions A, D, or 1 (students only enrolled in B and/or C session will not be granted an extended stay option) - Students will have the option to apply for extended stay when they complete their summer housing selection. There is no documentation required.
- Have a confirmed on-campus housing assignement for intern housing – Students must apply, but no documentation required.
- Approved Spring 2019 and Summer 2019 Housing and Residence Life staff – automatically approved – Students must apply, but no documentation required.
- Other, such as pre-approved international flights or pre-determined pick-up conflicts – documentation required for approval.
|Reason for Request||Acceptable Documentation|
|International Flight||Copy of flight Itinerary|
|Pick-up Conflict||Parent/Guardian work schedule verification|
|Graduation Activities||Confirmation letter of graduation, participation notice from campus organization, copy of on-campus work schedule|
Students wishing to request extended stay for reasons not meeting the above criteria should contact Housing and Residence Life via email to email@example.com.
The Extended Stay Request is final once it has been submitted and all charges are non-refundable.
Dates, Fees, and Guidelines
All residents with approved extended stay (excluding those transitioning to summer housing) must check out of the halls by 6 PM on Saturday, May 18. There are no exceptions!
Summer school students and interns transitioning into summer housing will receive specific transition instructions via email. Students must be available on Sunday, May 19, to transition to their summer assignment.
Some extended stay participants will incur a fee of $50 per night charged to the student account.
Students are expected to follow all move out and check out instructions.
The Extended Stay Request form will be available on StarRez Monday, April 15, 2019 at 10 AM and will close at 5PM on Friday, May 3, 2019. Students will be notified of the approval or denial of their request via email.