Living Learning Communities
Living Learning Communities: Live together, Learn more.
The Living Learning Communities (LLCs) at George Mason University provide students an opportunity to live and learn together in an integrated environment with other students who share a common interest or major. This dynamic and fun residential experience offers specialized programming, connection to faculty inside and outside the classroom, a supportive community of students, and makes a large university feel smaller. Our LLCs are a partnership between Housing & Residence Life and several academic units to provide a holistic student experience.
The Many Benefits of Belonging to a LLC:
- An increased sense of community and an easier transition into a large university
- Engagement with faculty, staff and students who share your interest and goals
- Participation in connected courses and academic experiences inside and outside the classroom
- Experiential field trips with faculty and students to learn more about your field of interest
- Academic support through tutoring resources and study groups
- Freshman who participate in LLCs out perform their counterparts