Coming and Going
All Halls Close at 12:00pm Noon on May 18, 2017.
Helpful Tips for Closing
The listed below comprises the most common damages and associated fees at the time of closing. This list is not all-inclusive and charges incurred may differ from amounts below depending on the scope of the damages assessed.
|Damage Assessed||Common Amount|
|Bathroom excessive trash||$10.00 minimum|
|Removal of personal belongings/abandoned property||$50.00|
Damage to walls
*students are encouraged to leave 3M strips affixed to walls at no fee in order to avoid damage at the time of removal
|Trash removal,excessive debris||$50.00|
|Improper check-out (failure to follow check-out procedures)||$100.00|
|Key not returned, door recore||$75.00|
Please refer questions regarding damages and billing to your Resident Advisor or Resident Director.
Sign up for a check-out time with your RA – Students must sign up for their check-out time with their RA no later than May 5th.
Defrost and clean personal refrigerators at least 24 hours before you move out
Make sure your room is completely clean, empty, and move-in ready BEFORE your scheduled check-out time. This includes:
- Remove all trash and place it in the dumpsters outside
- Remove ALL belongings (double-check every drawer)
- Wipe down surfaces
- Clean all surfaces in bathrooms and kitchens
- Close and lock windows
- Close blinds
Know the check-out procedures and policies
- If your room is not ready (clean and free of personal belongings) at your check-out time, you will NOT be checked out of your space in accordance with our procedures.
- Students who choose to leave spaces in unacceptable condition will be charged for cleaning and/or property removal. Those students may also be charged the $100 improper checkout fee for failure to comply with check-out procedures.
- Students are required to sign up with their RA by May 5th to establish a check-out time. Failure to meet this deadline or communicate directly with your RA about any requests for changes to the established check-out time could result in an improper check-out.
- All residents are expected to vacate their room by Noon on Thursday, May 18, 2017.
Remove your bike and take it home
Report facilities issues through eLiving or notify your neighborhood desk for assistance.
Ensure you have removed all laundry from the laundry room
Return all equipment checked out from the desk (including green bins)
- Begin moving items to your established summer storage/housing location throughout the last part of the spring semester. It’s never too early to start moving unnecessary items out of your room.
- Move belongings in the early morning or late afternoon hours to avoid peak times.
- Do not park on fire lanes, roadways, grass, or other non-parking areas. Vehicles may be towed.
- Utilize moving bins that can be checked out from your neighborhood desk.
- If you check out a moving bin, ensure that you return it within the allotted time frame.
Ask your Resident Advisor or Resident Director.
Call your Neighborhood Desk (link the unlined words here to the neighborhood desk.
|Aquia, Whitetop Desk||703-993-1977|
|Rappahannock, Piedmont Desk||703-993-9880|
Shenandoah, Eisenhower Desk
|Mason Global Center Lobby, Global Center||703-993-6008|