Your Roommates and Suite Mates
Housing and Residence Life offers a number of resources to students facing roommate conflicts.
- We encourage you to address issues or concerns as they arise.
- Our Resident Advisors are trained as mediators, with experience helping roommates find solutions to conflicts. If you and your roommate can't resolve your issues, go to your RA for mediation and revisit your Residential Living Agreement.
During your first weeks of school, your Resident Advisor will ask you to complete a Roommate Living Agreement, which assists you in understanding and communicating needs and expectations related to study time, sleep time, cleanliness, guests, shared use of personal belongings, shared expenses, etc. Some triple rooms have two closets — this means that all three residents have to agree on how they share the closet space.
Forms and Resources
- Roommate Introductions (PDF)
- Residential Living Agreement (PDF)
- Residential Suite-mate Living Agreement (PDF)
Conflict Resolution Strategies