Resident Student Association
Become a Member and Make a Difference
Mason's Resident Student Association works to make your life better while bringing the fun.
We're an advocate for student needs, and push for changes for the better in residence and dining halls. We address problems, concerns and questions you might have, and we represent the collective interests of on-campus resident students. We also provide social and educational events by organizing building and neighborhood activities.
We're open to all residents on campus, and welcome everyone who wants to get involved and have an impact on life at Mason. Want to join in? RSA General Body Meetings are Wednesdays at 5 p.m. in Piedmont Hall.
Our goals include:
- Promoting a positive living and learning environment.
- Serving as a liaison between residents and the Housing and Residence Life administration.
- Creating and providing opportunities for residential students to assume leadership roles in a governing organization.
- Encouraging the development of leadership and programming skills.
- Reviewing and making suggestions in regard to Mason Housing policies and procedures.
- Promoting a sense of community among the residence halls of each neighborhood.
- Providing additional resources for Resident Advisor programs.
You can get involved by:
- Serving as a member of the Executive Board.
- Attending general meetings.
- Serving on a Neighborhood Council; positions include Executive Director, Director of Business. Administration, and Director of Programming.
- Attending state, regional, and national conferences.
- Attending RSA events and providing feedback to your RSA Neighborhood Councils.
Each Neighborhood has a council that works with programming and advocacy. Councils meet on Mondays at 7:30 pm in:
- Eisenhower Media Room for Shenandoah.
- Hanover MPR for Rapphannock.
- Whitetop Seminar Room for Aquia.
- Global Center.