Need to change your room?
The room change process will be available for current on campus Fairfax Mason students from September 13th –October 31st. Room changes outside of the room change process will be approved for emergencies only. To submit your room change request please submit through the Mason Housing Portal and schedule a meeting with your Community Director.
Students can switch into an open space on campus. This could be a vacancy in a room or suite with your friends or a random open space on campus. Two students can request to room change with each other, swapping spaces.
- Students residing in a Learning Community (LC) must move within the LC.
- Students will only be able to move into spaces that have the same gender preference (male, female, and gender inclusive).
- Students requesting to move due to a roommate conflict need to demonstrate proactive steps to resolve conflict before moving.
- Students may move to entirely vacant spaces that are not already reserved by another student. Please be aware that physical presence does not determine space availability. Therefore, a space may be physically empty but unavailable due to another student reservation.
- Students must meet with their Community Director (CD) via in person, email or zoom to discuss their room change. During that time students must clarify why they are seeking a room change. Once the meeting is complete, the Community Director will determine if the change is approved and if so, move the request forward through the Housing Portal.
Room change requests will primarily be processed on Wednesdays and approved moves will begin on Fridays. You may not be offered a space if your request was not approve or there are no vacancies that meet your preference.
Please keep in mind, changing your room may change your housing rate. Please check our 2021-2022 room rates before switching spaces.