Get a Campus Map

It's important to plan out your routes to class, the dining hall, the library and the gym. Download a campus map to get the lay of the land.

Mason provides an inclusive environment in which everyone is welcome. If you're a person with a disability, we can provide a home on campus that will accommodate your needs.

George Mason University has created the Special Housing Request Committee where staff from Disability Services consult with Student Health Services, Housing and Residence Life, and Counseling and Psychological Services. The Committee will discuss reasonable modifications or accommodations based on student self-report, observations and interactions during your initial Disability Services meeting, and documentation from a healthcare provider/professional. Disability Services will make a determination following the special housing committee review of student requests.

Students with specific housing accommodation requests due to a documented disability should submit their Housing Application and register with Disability Services. Students must apply for and accept their housing contract through Housing and Residence Life and contact Disability Services to request special housing accommodations. In order to assist students with special housing accommodations, a housing application must be completed and contracts must be accepted with Housing and Residence Life.

To request an accommodation, submit a Special Housing Request Form to the Housing Request Committee. We provide a selection of rooms available for students with almost any disability (PDF below). 

We make every effort to provide approved accommodation as quickly and efficiently as possible; however, some requests may take several weeks to implement. It is recommended that Special Housing Accommodations Request forms be submitted several weeks prior to a student's arrival or move into our spaces.

For additional information regarding the Special Housing process, visit Housing Accommodations through Disability Services.


Students will be notified in writing of Disability Services decision. If students received a permanent accommodation, they will not need to provide additional Healthcare Professional paperwork for the next academic year unless an accommodation change is needed.

For more information, contact the or by contacting Disability Services by phone 703.993.2474.