Be Near D.C. Without Paying D.C. Prices
The D.C. and Northern Virginia areas are hopping when it comes to summer internships, and if you're from out of town, finding a short-term place to stay can be tricky. Mason's residence halls can solve your problem and ease your mind.
The intern application for Summer 2022 is now available. Interns interested in Summer 2022 Housing at Mason can apply here.
Whether you're a student looking for a place to sleep or a business that needs to house a group of summer staff, we can provide quality accommodations in state-of-the-art facilities that are affordable, safe, and comfortable.
Our campus community also provides a shuttle service to the Vienna/Fairfax Metro Station, providing access to workplaces in Washington D.C., Northern Virginia, and Southern Maryland.
Interns will stay in the apartment-style residence hall which houses up to four interns per apartment. Interns will be able to preference a single or double occupancy bedroom as part of the application process while sharing a bathroom, kitchen, and living room with other interns. Housing cannot guarantee that interns will receive their preferred housing style (single or double occupancy).
What you'll get:
- Furnished bedroom (bed/mattress, dresser, desk, and closet)
- Air-conditioned living spaces
- Full kitchen with all major appliances
- Bath with shower
- Furnished living room (sofa, end table, coffee table, and entertainment stand)
- 24-hour customer service desk
- Free (or reduced cost) shuttle to and from the Vienna/Fairfax Metro Station
- Campus cable service (residents must provide a television and cable cord)
- Wireless Internet (wired connectivity available; residents provide Ethernet cord)
- Access to laundry facilities within the residence hall
Intern housing is typically available from the last week in May to the first week in August (summer 2022 date TBD).. A four-week minimum stay is required. Once published, these dates and times are non-negotiable.
Mason students please note that billing is done through Students Accounts or Patriot Web for intern housing. Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid to learn how student loans and other aid can be used for summer expenses.