Services and Amenities

Services and Amenities

Housing and Residence and Life provides a variety of services to on campus residents. 


Most on-campus residents are required to select a meal plan. Students living in apartment-style homes or in Townhouses are not required to buy one but often choose to have a voluntary meal plan. If you're sick, you can also have a pre-packed meal delivered to your room. For more information about dining options, call 703-993-3313.

George Mason University student choosing meal

Television Cable/IPTV Service








Residence halls are provided with on-campus cable service, which are included in the fees you pay for Housing.








  • Most channels are digital, requiring a television set with a "clear QAM' capable tuner. If your TV is not digital, you'll need a converter box.
  • Check out the current channel lineup.

Apogee’s IPTV streaming service, Stream2, is available to all on-campus residents.  Watch favorite shows on almost any device, anywhere on campus!  The service is available wirelessly and from wired ports in the residence halls. You can download the Stream2 app from the Apple App or Google Play stores or go here.
















All buildings have laundry facilities in their area, most within the building. It's free! Well, it's included in the fees you pay for housing, so you don't have to be constantly on the lookout for quarters to feed the machines.








Each townhouse has a washer/dryer in the unit. In the residence halls, use the Speed Queen mobile app to activate the wash and dry cycles.  Find the Speed Queen app in the Apple Store or Google Play store on your mobile device.  Check out the updated instructions.








George Mason University Using a washing machine








Information Technology Services (ITS)

All residents are provided high-speed internet service. Townhouse residents have a wireless connection only. Problems with connecting to the internet should be reported to the ITS Support Center at 703-993-8870.

George Mason University Student accessing the internet,


Sometimes things break, and we're counting on you to report maintenance issues so they're fixed quickly. 

  • If you're experiencing a maintenance emergency (such as flooding),  contact your nearest resource desk immediately. For all other maintenance issues enter a maintenance request here
  • If you have a request for Housekeeping (bed, blinds, furniture), please enter them here

Requests are reviewed and sent to appropriate staff for follow-up, with most being handled within 24 to 48 hours. Some requests may require that new parts be ordered or a contractor brought in, so might take longer. If you want to check on the status of a repair, contact your nearest resource desk.

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)

Counseling and Psychological Services will work collaboratively with you to identify actions you can take to deal with personal, interpersonal and academic concerns. If we aren't the best fit, we can find more appropriate resources either on Mason’s campus or in the Fairfax community. CAPS’ work with students is confidential, with some legal and ethical exceptions. Services are free and are not part of your academic record. For more information, call 703-993-2380.

Student Health Services

Student Health Services is available to all Mason students, with clinics at Fairfax, Arlington, and Science and Technology campuses. There is no charge to be seen by one of our healthcare providers, but there are fees for lab tests, medications, procedures, physicals, supplies, and some office visits.

Your health care is confidential and protected by HIPAA. For more information, call: 703-993-2831 (Fairfax Campus); 703-993-4863 (Mason Square, formerly Arlington Campus); and 703-993-8374 (Science and Technology Campus). Click here for locations.