Be Near D.C. Without Paying D.C. Prices
The D.C. area is hopping when it comes to summer internships, and if you're from out of town, finding a short-term place to stay can be tricky. Mason's residence halls can solve your problem and ease your mind.
Whether you're a student looking for a place to sleep or a business that needs to house a group of summer staff, we can provide quality accommodations in state-of-the-art facilities that are affordable, safe, and comfortable.
Our campus community also provides a shuttle service to the Vienna/Fairfax Metro Station, providing access to workplaces in Washington D.C., Northern Virginia, and Southern Maryland.
Interns will stay in the apartment-style residence hall, Liberty Square, which houses 2 or 4 interns per apartment. All interns will be in private single occupancy bedrooms, while sharing a bathroom, kitchen, and living room. You can make suitemate requests on your application, although we can't guarantee those requests will be met (but we'll give it our best effort).
What you'll get:
- Furnished bedroom (bed/mattress, dresser, desk, and closet)
- Air-conditioned living spaces
- Full kitchen with all major appliances
- Bath with shower (one bathroom for every two interns in the apartment)
- Furnished living room (sofa, end table, coffee table, and entertainment stand)
- 24-hour customer service desk
- Free shuttle to and from the Vienna/Fairfax Metro Station
- Campus cable service (residents must provide a television and cable cord)
- Wireless Internet (wired connectivity available; residents provide Ethernet cord)
- Access to laundry facilities within the residence hall
Intern housing is $294 per week, per person for a single occupancy bedroom within a shared apartment ($42 per night). You'll need to pay a non-refundable deposit of $275, which will be applied towards the total cost, to reserve a space. We have 2 bedroom and 4 bedroom apartments available.
Intern housing is available from Sunday, May 27th, at 12 noon through Saturday, August 11th, at 12 noon. A four week minimum stay is required. These dates and times are non-negotiable.
Mason students please note that billing is not done through Students Accounts or Patriot Web for intern housing. Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid to learn how student loans and other aid can be used for summer expenses.
- The Summer 2018 Intern Housing Application opens on March 1st, 2018, at 10 AM. Please carefully read the options below to ensure you are logging in the right way.
- If you are a Mason student who has lived on campus before, click here to apply.
- If you have previously stayed at George Mason University for intern housing, click here to apply.
- If this is your first time applying for intern housing at George Mason University OR if you are a Mason student who has never lived on campus before, click here to apply.
- After completing the application, you will be need to submit the $275 non-refundable housing deposit.
- Mason students and returning interns will be able to pay the deposit immediately after completing the application.
- If this is your first time applying for intern housing at George Mason University, then you will need to submit the application and allow 2 business days for our system to process your application. You will receive a confirmation email and instructions for paying the deposit after your application has been processed.
- You are all done once your application is complete and the $275 deposit has been paid.
- The priority application deadline is April 15th to guarantee yourself a spot and receive your housing assignment by May 4th. Applications will be accepted and processed on a rolling basis after April 15th until all spaces are filled.
- Once a room assignment is made, you'll be notified of the total balance due, which must be paid in full before you get here. We recommend that balances be paid at least seven days in advance to ensure a smooth arrival.
- If you have any questions in the meantime, please email email@example.com or call (703) 993-2720.
In addition to a comfortable living space, our residence halls feature a nice stretch of green space for outdoor activities.
Interns with jobs throughout the D.C. area have easy access to Metro via our shuttle buses.