Be Near D.C. Without Paying D.C. Prices
The D.C. area is hopping when it comes to summer internships, and if you're from out of town, finding a short-term place to stay can be tricky. Mason's residence halls can solve your problem and ease your mind.
In addition to a comfortable living space, Northern Neck is close to parking and retail dining locations, such as Manhattan Pizza and Einstein Bros. Bagels.
All interns have their own private, single-occupancy rooms within a shared apartment. Apartments house 2-4 interns and interns can request to stay with specific roommates. If a roommate request is not submitted, we will work to assign you to a room with others from your internship site or a similar internship site.
Interns share the apartment's common spaces with roommates. All apartments include a shared living room, kitchen, and bathroom.
Interns have access to Northern Neck's other amenities, such as floor lounges and in-building laundry, at no additional expense.
Interns with jobs throughout the D.C. area have easy access to Metro via our shuttle buses.
Whether you're a student looking for a place to sleep or a business that needs to house a group of summer staff, we can provide quality accommodations in state-of-the-art facilities that are affordable, safe, and comfortable.
Our campus community also provides a shuttle service to the Vienna/Fairfax Metro Station, providing access to workplaces in Washington D.C., Northern Virginia, and Southern Maryland.
Interns will stay in the apartment-style residence hall, Northern Neck, which houses up to four interns per apartment. All interns will be in private single occupancy bedrooms, while sharing a bathroom, kitchen, and living room. You can make suitemate requests on your application, although we can't guarantee those requests will be met (but we'll give it our best effort).
What you'll get:
- Furnished bedroom (bed/mattress, dresser, desk, and closet)
- Air-conditioned living spaces
- Full kitchen with all major appliances
- Bath with shower (one bathroom for every two interns in the apartment)
- Furnished living room (sofa, end table, coffee table, and entertainment stand)
- 24-hour customer service desk
- Free shuttle to and from the Vienna/Fairfax Metro Station
- Campus cable service (residents must provide a television and cable cord)
- Wireless Internet (wired connectivity available; residents provide Ethernet cord)
- Access to laundry facilities within the residence hall
Intern housing is $308.00 per week, per person for a single occupancy bedroom within a shared apartment ($44.00 per night). You'll need to pay a non-refundable deposit of $275.00, which will be applied towards the total cost, to reserve a space.
Intern housing is available from Sunday, May 26th, at 12 noon through Saturday, August 10th, at 12 noon. A four week minimum stay is required. These dates and times are non-negotiable.
Mason students please note that billing is done through Students Accounts or Patriot Web for intern housing. Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid to learn how student loans and other aid can be used for summer expenses.
- More information coming soon!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join our intern housing mailing list.